September 23, 2007
1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
Hmm… probably telling them how I feel. I am often more accepting of others’ issues and problems than I am of my own.
2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. Why were you angry?
That was about two weeks ago, and I was angry because somebody pulled all the bananas off of my counter, ate them, and left the peels lying all over the apartment, so I slipped in every room. I was REALLY angry.
3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You get enough time to make ONE phone call. Who would you call?
Why Honolulu and Chicago? Is there a significance to these destinations that I am not aware of? And secondly, why wouldn’t we all put on parachutes and jump? If I have enough time to make a phone call, I would have enough time to jump. (I would call my parents.)
4. You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. (1) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? (2) What do you do with your remaining days? (3) Would you be afraid?
1.) I would tell people. They’d be angry if I didn’t, and it’s just not me to keep things from people.
2.) In my remaining days, I’d spend time with people
3.) I’d be sad, but I don’t think I’d be afraid. Unless I was dying of something painful.
5. You can have one of the following two things- trust/love. Which do you choose?
I don’t think you can separate trust and love. To a degree, they come together. You can’t REALLY love someone unless there is some degree of trust there, and you can’t REALLY trust someone unless there is some degree of love there. Not necessarily romantic love — friend-love too. I can’t answer this question. I think this meme was written by a teenager. Probably a girl.
6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. Do you save the dog?
I would call the police and let them know. I’m not about to jump into a canal with a strange dog, but I wouldn’t just let it drown.
7. You are unfaithful to your boyfriend/girlfriend. ..Do you tell him/her?
I wouldn’t do that because it would eat at me until I drove myself crazy. In the event that I did do that, I would have to tell my boyfriend because it would eat at me and drive me crazy so much that I wouldn’t be able to be myself. Then again, there was that time that I cheated on D with a traveling circus Gypsey, and I haven’t told D about that out of respect and protection for the Gypsey. I couldn’t help myself. He had a tambourine.
8. If you could go back and be with your first love, would you?
Nope. That was high school. Leah and I had a conversation yesterday about how we look back on the boys we thought we could love/were in love with when we were in high school or even college, and how now that we’re older, we doubt that it was really love. I mean, it might have been a taste of it, but as far as real love goes — like the deep, overwhelming need to be with someone — well, we’ve never felt that and it’s a little bit terrifying.
9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give one year of your life. Do you do it?
I would give him that hour if he wanted it.
10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
11. Does love = sex?
Nope (this was definitely written by a teenage girl).
12. Your boss tells your co-worker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your co-worker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company?
Honestly, probably not.
13. When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you feel?
Yesterday. And today I told Francis that she’s crazy, and that was honest.
14. What would be harder for you, to tell someone you love them or tell them you hate them?
I assume that we’re talking about deep, deep love and deep, deep hate. I think the person would know either way, so I don’t find it necessary to answer this question. I wouldn’t feel the need to tell anyone that I hate them. And love… that would be hard.
15. What do you think would be/is the hardest thing for you to give
My family, friends, dreams
16. Excluding family love, when was the last time you told someone you love them?
17. If you had to go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
Sometimes I wish I had gotten a different major in college, but then I have to remind myself that I am who I am because of the people I met in college, and many of them I wouldn’t have met if I hadn’t been an English Major.
18. Imagine. It is a dark night, you are alone, it is raining outside. What are you doing?
Watching a movie or writing
19. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying?
Yes. I’m CPR certified; therefore, I’m obligated to help in a crisis situation.
20. If you could do anything OR wish anything, what would it be?
I wish that Francis could come to California with me.